Chemo Nickel Test is an easy one-step method to detect free nickel in metallic objects. It has been the first hand choice of medical practitioners in the detection of free nickel in metal objects since its introduction in 1995.
Patients with a known, or who suspect they have, a metal allergy will find the following information on metal allergies, and particularly nickel sensitivity, useful in helping them to avoid nickel exposure and resulting allergic contact dermatitis (ACD).
Nickel Spot Test
- Identify an object to test
- Place a few drops of the solution onto a cotton swab
- Rub the surface of the object for a few seconds
- Check the cotton swab to see if it turns pink
- If it turns pink, it means free nickel is released.